Caught a Flick - Man of Steel (2013)


So, we figured we'd start doin somethin a bit different around here and start reviewing cool stuff we listen to, go see, etc....so Raze is starting off with a movie: Man of Steel

I didn't see it early or at midnight or whatever, for a few legitimately excusable reasons...but I saw it in IMAX 3D and WHOA it was totally worth it. Before I get into my spoiler free review let me say this though...

Full disclosure: I am NOT a Superman fan. He's actually my LEAST favorite of all the major super heroes. So with that said....

I absolutely loved it.

Saw it in 3D IMAX....totally worth the extra coin for the IMAX option. I felt the story-line was told ILL AS F*CK. Seeing the strife that Supes was "born" under/into and actually seeing Krypton was dope. Very well done. The acting was INSANELY good. I'm talking were this not a superhero flick, some nomination nods would be in order type good.

HOWEVER.....I did feel some things were rushed through and I also see how this could've easily have been a 3hr flick. However, I don't fault it at all. I feel the film tightrope walked that line between "knowing it's a comic" and "trying to make comic ethos believably realistic".
Sadly, this potentially AWESOME 3some, never happens.

The ONLY thing I really felt was a negative, was the final fight scene. I mean, it didn't just border on ridiculous, it PITCHED A TENT AT Ridiculousville Camp Grounds, then burned the whole damn forest down. A true spectacle for the visual and audio, but Jeez.....poor, poor f*cking Metropolis....

I honestly give it 4 Pulls out of a possible 5. Definitely worth seeing in the theater in IMAX 3D format. If you see it standard format, I'd prolly wait for Bluray as I'm sure the larger format definitely helped the experience.

Feel free to post your comments, rebuttals, whatev's below either using your G-account or Facebook profile.

Later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment