Raze's Rant - Sherm vs Skip


So...after FINALLY watching the Richard Sherman vs Skip Bayless video...

I can't lie..I watched the clip and found NOTHING entertaining about it. I feel it made Sherman look like a butthurt b*tch more than anything. It also admittedly made me feel some kinda way about some of the people I know that WERE entertained by it. I don't care how recklessly Skip plays the bad guy by effectively trolling the entire sports and entertainment world...going "Hyper-N*gga" on nat'l television in response to him simply having AN OPINION that Sherman's not at good as SHERMAN thinks he is himself, is flat out...b*tch made. Sherman threw a few personal shots at Bayless in hopes they'd land, and while SOME of them may have had some level of poignancy and legitimacy (can't discredit a degree from Stanford no matter what it's for), there is one glaring fact that remains...

Sherman is a professional (and I use that word VERY loosely) athlete that in all honesty, is one freak play away from having NOTHING. Knee blown out...or God forbid he land on the crown of his helmet and not even WALK off the field. Meanwhile, Bayless can realistically have a bad day at the office and still have this very same job til he's 80. He could be fired by ESPN, and still go to some other network that I'm SURE would be more than willing to pay him a decent wage for his brand of shock media. So, in all personal honesty...I'm not entirely sure I agree with Sherman that he's "doing better at life" than Skip....and anyone with a juvenile understanding of how the NFL works in regards to career ending injuries and contract pay outs knows that I've got a helluva point here.



This isn't about black and white. This isn't about Athletes vs The Media. This is about a horrible decision and display of ignorance, compounded by lots and lots of attention. I wish I could have that 3+ mins of my life back....and I wish this bullshit wasn't going to continue echoing through the digitized 0's and 1's of NFL and Youtube history. It WAS an embarrassment  It WAS completely ignorant...and most importantly...it proved a LOT of the rep and pub that Sherman has earned in the past 2yrs of NFL play absolutely CORRECT.


-R

1 comment:

  1. You did better than I did... I turned that mess off! I'm not into mental masturbation. And that episode was VERY moist

    ReplyDelete