Raze's Rant: Charles Ramsey, American Jeer-o


Pardon me for breaking up the party...but I gotta get somethin off my chest...

It's a damn shame that Charles Ramsey, a real American hero...who went WELL beyond what at least 95% of citizens would be willing to go in similar circumstances...

...is being reduced to a f*cking joke. In TEN YEARS, these girls were abducted, held captive, assaulted, raped and Lord knows what else. And not the FBI, not the Cleveland PD...hell, not even a damn PSYCHIC could save them. But on one unexpected day, the right guy came along and threw caution and potential personal safety aside, in the name of doing what was RIGHT....because something seemed VERY wrong.

And his reward? Memes and autotune videos. I NEVER play the race card, but a large part of me LOATHES when moments like this happen...ya know...

Antwan Dodson....Sweet Pea Brown....

...it's like muhf*ckas can't WAIT to laugh at poor (or at least appearing-to-be poor) black folks on display "performing" for the camera; in their most genuine and comfortable ways of speaking and colorful mannerisms. Many of us see and KNOW people like this, EVERY DAY. Their our friends...our family; and quite frankly, I wouldn't make a fkn joke, meme or autotune video of my uncles or cousins and put that shit on the web to make a joke out of them doing something like LEGITIMATELY SAVING SOMEONE'S LIFE.

I have no idea what Charles Ramsey thinks of all this. To be honest, I don't even know if the brother has internet access. But a big part of me sincerely hopes that if he knew about all this crap that's out here in his image, that at least a small portion of his good spirited manhood would be disgusted.

Because honestly...I AM.



- R

No comments:

Post a Comment